Saturday, February 11, 2012

Labour of Love.......Honeybear tree and keeping up the yard.

Mark always kept the yard looking good. You could look, but  NEVER find a weed. So out of love and respect.......for Mark, I felt that I should keep the yard looking good. I call it my labour of love. When I am working in the yard, I feel so close and connected to Mark. I find myself talking to him.......out loud =)


The past three weekends I have worked at trimming the trees, digging up weeds, digging holes to plant my 'Honeybear" tree, and raking the leaves, in both the front and back yard. Right now I can say the only thing left to do is get more mulch to put around a few more trees in the front yard!


No matter how hard I work in the yard, I will never have it looking as good as Mark did! You know Mark use to say I was the strongest woman he has ever known.........I now know what he meant!






Meet my Honeybear tree. I had a good cry when I was transplanting this tree from the pot to the ground. Who knew that I would be planting a tree for Mark. He was the one who planted all the other Christmas trees and named them after the grandkids!
I love and miss you
Gone, but certainly NOT forgotten!



This is an area that Mark created himself. All I've done is rake and water. This area is a place for me to sit and feel close to Mark I think of him & I even talk to him. I need to have a special sign made "In loving  memory of Mark R Hamlin, who is loved, thought about and missed like crazy"

This photo shows Ruby, Taylor & Sammy tree! You can also see Honeybear's tree.....next to Sammy tree. The tallest one in the back. All the tree started out the size of Honeybear's tree.

The next photos are of our back yard.