Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas tradition

On my way to Montana tomorrow to spend Christmas with my daughter Amanda and her family! ......This will be a happy time and a sad time. Happy to see and spend time with Amanda and her family. Sad because it will be my first Christmas without Mark. 


Mark was like a little kid at Christmas time. He was always the first to put the first wrapped  gift under the tree. I  can still see his big smile and the twinkle in his eyes. He would always say "you can pick it up and shake, but only for a few seconds." Then I had it put it back under the tree and promise not to touch it again until Christmas =)


He was always excited when something was put under the tree with his name on it.......I would give him the same terms as far as picking it up, shaking it, putting it back, promising not to touch to again.


Every year when there was a grand child born, Mark and I would buy a living tree. After Christmas, Mark would dig a hole and plant the tree in the yard and name the tree after the grand child born that year.


This year I'm keeping the tradition. Just this year, instead of the tree being named after a grandchild........it will be named after Mark (Honeybear) I've purchased  & decorated the tree.  After Christmas, I will dig the hole and plant the tree. It will be a labour of my love for Mark ...........I will keep you all posted. 


Have a Merry Christmas!